The Disposables Engineering Manager will direct, manage, and supervise catheter engineers and technicians in the design, development, and testing of disposable medical devices used in interventional cardiac MR (iCMR) procedures. This position is responsible for complying with the Quality System requirements and carrying out responsibilities as outlined in the environmental, health, and safety policies.
- Manage team resources to ensure products are developed on-time and conform to the organization’s specifications.
- Collaborate with other engineering disciplines, management, sales and marketing, and related departments as necessary to determine engineering feasibility, cost effectiveness, and demand for engineering products and services.
- Hire, train and manage employees and their activities to ensure high performance and accountability, collaboration, respect for diversity, and employee job satisfaction.
- Develop processes, policies, and procedures and ensure all engineering projects align with the organization’s objectives.
- Provide scheduling and budgetary input to overall Engineering department strategy.
- BA/BS in engineering or related field.
- 5 years minimum engineering experience, preferred in the medical device industry.
- 2 years minimum management experience.
- Prior experience managing engineering teams is desired.
- Catheter development experience a plus, but not required.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify and manage proficiencies and deficiencies in the department (e.g. skills, resources, etc.).
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate priorities and decisions clearly and effectively.
- Experience with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Light work, exerting up to 20 lbs. of force or less.
- Requires clarity of vision at 20 inches or less (near vision) and ability to identify/distinguish colors.
- Requires fingering, repetitive motion, talking and hearing.
- Requires significant viewing and working at computer a screen.
- Significant work pace & pressure due to deadlines.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter documents below.
|Position reports to:||VP of Engineering|