As a seasoned leader, the Manufacturing Engineering Manager will lead team members to establish measurements, monitor performance, improve established processes and control the overall manufacturing flow, quality and cost. Your team will also work with development engineering teams to provide design for manufacturing recommendations, transition new products into production and ensure manufacturing processes are capable of delivering quality products. The manufacturing engineering team will have the responsibility to establish cost and cycle time targets for manufacturing processes. Your team will support ongoing production to ensure processes remain in control and lead corrective action when required. The Manufacturing Engineering Manager will coordinate cross functional activities to execute manufacturing processes, implement continuous improvement and monitor operations to ensure customer requirements are met. This position is responsible for complying with the Quality Management System requirements and carrying out responsibilities as outlined in the environmental, health, and safety policies. This position reports to the Vice President of Operations.
- Oversees the planning, development, implementation and maintenance of manufacturing methods, processes and operations for new and existing products
- Establishes and ensures adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans, and performance requirements
- Collaborate across departments—Lines of Business, Supply Chain Management, and Engineering to ensure program objectives are aligned and understood
- Responsible for managing people, including performance evaluations and merit recommendations
- Works closely with product design/engineering to ensure new products are seamlessly transitioned into production
- Responsible for ensuring that all internal quality practices demonstrate compliance to external regulations
- Manage all capital requirements in facilities and ensure equipment and machinery meet the required safety, quality, and productivity requirements
- Responsible for areas of lean manufacturing techniques, cost reduction, on-time delivery performance, safety, visual controls and plant performance measurements
- Ensures the effective use of materials, equipment, and personnel in producing quality products at minimum costs
- Implements and analyzes manufacturing engineering plans and projects.
- Designs, develops and transfers manufacturing engineering tools, strategies and systems. Leads team members and / or senior department staff to develop measurements to monitor performance to established processes and procedures
- Develops, monitors and manages department related activities including staffing requirements, budgets, physical space, and capital
- Monitors the overall execution of process changes to improve overall efficiency of manufacturing and the effects on current and future work (cost, cycle time, quality)
- Manages process changes to improve overall efficiency of manufacturing
- Communicates relevant department, group or project information to other related teams and departments
- Directs, coordinates and exercises functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of manufacturing efforts within areas of responsibility
- Ensures process compliance of all manufacturing activity in areas of responsibility
- Contributes to the development of strategies for pricing, program planning, risk management, negotiations, and margin generation for programs at the proposal stage
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
- Strong desire to please the customer with perfect product quality
- BS education required in electrical, mechanical, or other engineering discipline.
- 8 years minimum engineering experience preferred in medical device industry.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work independently with minimal supervision
- 3 years engineering management experience with demonstrated proficiency in leading teams in a manufacturing environment.
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle.
- Light work, exerting up to 20 lbs. of force or less.
- Requires clarity of vision at 20 inches or less (near vision) and ability to identify/distinguish colors.
- Requires fingering, repetitive motion, taking and hearing.
- 85% of time requires viewing and working at computer screen.
- Significant work pace & pressure due to deadlines.
- Travel 5%
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter documents below.
|Position reports to:||VP of Operations|