- Burnsville, MN
The Senior Systems and Manufacturing Engineer (Electrical) is a highly collaborative hands-on operations team member for MR-guided interventional catheters and related devices. This role will be responsible for developing and qualifying highly efficient quality-oriented manufacturing and service processes and supporting the installation of capital systems. This position is responsible for complying with the company’s quality system requirements and carrying out responsibilities as outlined in the environmental, health, and safety policies.
- Serve as the company’s field support engineer to assist with installation, service, repair, and troubleshooting.
- Engineer routine service and repair procedures and train others in performing these procedures.
- Establish procedures that enable successful site installation, activation, and troubleshooting.
- Must enjoy working in a cross functional role with Manufacturing, Sales, Quality, R&D, and Regulatory.
- Provide daily support as needed in manufacturing with focus on electrical.
- Identify and drive continuous improvements focused on quality and cost.
- Lead efforts in carrying out products and process PFMEA, process development, equipment installation, process characterization, qualification, and validation activities (IQ, OQ, PQ).
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or similar.
- 7+ years experience in manufacturing and service of complex electro-mechanical medical equipment and systems.
- Experience developing processes and troubleshooting electro-mechanical assemblies using test tools such as DMMs, oscilloscopes, and network analyzers.
- Experience working in the field with the sales force and customer.
- Experience performing service, repair, and training at customer site.
- Experience authoring and performing PFMEA, Equipment installation, process characterization, qualification, and validation activities. (IQ, OQ, PQ).
- Collaborative and motivational style.
- Demonstrated leadership on project teams.
- Problem solving and strong communication and interpersonal skills are mandatory.
- Understanding of cardiac anatomy and physiology desired.