The Senior Electrical Engineer will be responsible for the design and development of electrical components/devices used in medical products. This position also includes the reviewing and mentoring other engineers and technicians. This position is responsible for complying with the Quality System requirements and carrying out responsibilities as outlined in the environmental, health, and safety policies.
- Perform feasibility testing and determining performance specifications.
- Originate and/or review documentation including input requirements, design output, risk analysis, test methods, verification and validation plans/reports, and manufacturing processes.
- Create prototypes and evaluate design to ensure conformance with engineering specifications.
- Responsible for assessment of standards as well as agency testing.
- Evaluate electronic components to ensure availability, performance, and cost requirements are met.
- Experience working with Quality, Clinical, Marketing, and Production departments.
- Hire, train and manage employees and their activities to ensure high performance and accountability, collaboration, respect for diversity, and employee job satisfaction.
- Bachelor of Science in electrical engineering or related field; advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the medical device industry;
- Radio Frequency (RF) and/or analog experience desired.
- Advanced computer skills including experience with schematic capture and board layout (preferably Altium), circuit simulation, and Matlab/Octave.
- Ability to communicate concepts, ideas and knowledge effectively and clearly to other individuals and teams.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with 60601-1 and 60601-1-2 standards as well as certified test labs.
- Experience with Good Documentation Practices (GDP).
- Requires 5% travel.
- Light work, exerting up to 20 lbs. of force or less.
- Requires clarity of vision at 20 inches or less (near vision) and ability to identify/distinguish colors.
- Requires fingering, repetitive motion, talking and hearing.
- Requires significant viewing and working at computer a screen.
- Significant work pace & pressure due to deadlines.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter documents below.
|Position reports to:||Engineering Manager - Electrical|